This salad is suitable either as a main or a side. This contains seasonal vegetables as of the date of publication. Corn could be replaced with courgette or lightly cooked pumpkin.
- ½ C quinoa cooked as per directions to give you 1 C cooked quinoa
- 2 TBSP of canola oil
- 1 C of corn kernels (with fresh corn, the amount off 2 corn cobs)
- 1 C chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 red or yellow capsicum chopped into small pieces
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- ½ C fresh parsley or coriander
- ¼ C olive oil
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP rice or white vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
Prepare the quinoa and drain in a sieve. Allow to cool.
Heat the oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Add corn and well drained chickpeas and cook for about 5 minutes stirring regularly until they start to brown.
Transfer into a bowl. Add quinoa, pepper, onion and parsley or coriander
Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix. Drizzle over salad just before serving.
If you don’t have quinoa, you can use brown rice, but always follow food safe practices when cooling and storing grain foods.