How do I get the most accurate result from my BIA screening?
- Do not eat for 4 hours prior to testing.
- Do not exercise for 12 hours prior to testing.
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing.
- Come to the test well hydrated.
- Go to toilet prior to test.
What will BIA screening show me?
Using Tanita BC- 418 scales we will be able to determine your
- Basal Metabolic rate
- Body fat percentage
- Fat-free mass weight
- Amount of visceral fat vs. subcutaneous fat.
- Muscle and fat loss in each limb and in the torso.
- Impact of activity/inactivity on your body composition.
We will look at and discuss the screening output data together. From this data, I can make suggestions about the type of dietary changes you may wish to consider, and discuss appropriate types of physical activity. This is not a detailed consultation considering your individual circumstances, and you may decide to see me for more individualized advice based on what we discuss.
You will receive a copy of the report (electronic or paper-based). It can also be sent to your personal trainer or GP electronically.
Who can benefit from this screening?
Anyone over the age of 18 years who is interested in their health.
- People concerned about their risk of diabetes, heart disease or stroke based on family history.
- Athletes in training or during injury recovery.
- Women coming up to and during menopause.
- Older people concerned about their loss of strength with aging.
Who cannot be screened?
If you are pregnant, have a joint replacement or a pacemaker, this is not safe for you. If you have any plates or pins in bones please let me know when you book so I can check you can be safely screened. You will be expected to sign a consent form before you are screened saying you understand the exclusions and do not fall into any of the excluded groups.