- 3 TBSP oil (canola, olive or rice bran)
- 300g cooked potatoes (ideally from the previous day) cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 large courgette grated
- 1 large carrot grated
- 3 spring onions chopped finely or one small onion
- 1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp of your usual curry powder
- ¼ C self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ C trim milk
Heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Put quiche pan in oven with oil to come to temperature. Mix all vegetables and chickpeas together. Add flour and curry powder and mix to distribute throughout the vegetable mix. Whisk eggs with trim milk. Mix through other ingredients – this will be quite sticky.
Carefully remove hot quiche pan from oven, swirl to coat bottom with oil. Put quiche mix into pan, it will sizzle. You can compress it very slightly. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown and the egg is cooked.
- Garnish with coriander (if you like it)
- Serve hot or cold with salad.
- You may enjoy serving with a Raita of finely chopped cucumber and natural yogurt.